Thursday, August 4, 2016

Beauty Blender Dupes: The best alternative foundation sponges for cheap


As promised I told you guys I would be doing a HUGE blog post dedicated to the best and worst beauty blender dupes. I have been trying them out over the past few weeks and I think I have a solid opinion of which ones I like the most and which ones are actually trash lol. I have some group shots and some I have single shots of! 
I feel like I want to start off with the bad ones and then work our way to the best one. But I'm not gonna mention the original Beauty Blender because we all know it's amazing! Okay let's get to it...

Worst: 
1. Pictured above the TEAL tear drop shaped one. The actual worst sponge ever!
The main reason I truly hate this sponge is because the material is so bad. It's like a memory foam material. & I forgot to say where it's from .. dern, it's from Marshall's lol. $3.99 but tbh I wouldn't spend $1 on it. I mean it's soft but holds water + product. Not to mention it like suds up whenever I go to dampen it .... which is just weird to me.
2. The DARK PINK one, that has a smaller slant and is more tear drop shaped. (I know sorry, theres two that have similar shapes)
This one tbh is much like the teal one as to why I dislike it so bad. Also grabbed from Marshall's at $3.99

Ulta Super Blender, RT sponge, Beauty Blender Pro, Morphe Flawless and Premium sponges
Still naming bad ones, but I needed to insert another picture.

3. The Ulta Super Blender
This one actually surprised me bc I thought it would be good. The girl at Ulta even said she liked it. But it's so hard. Like it actually hurts to put foundation on. It would be a really good sponge if it wasn't so tough. $4.99 at Ulta

Now we're gonna move into the ones I'm just kinda "meh about" they're not bad, but I'm not over joyed by them either lol

1. The Dark Pink sponge in the first picture that is shaped identical to the Real Techniques sponge.
This one isn't horrible for $3.99, I got it at Marshall's but it is kinda the memory foam-ish feel. Not as bad as the others though. It's not the worst but between this and the RT sponge, I'd just grab the one from RT.
2. Real Techniques Sponge
I know, I don't hate it, I really don't but it's not my fav. To me the sponge seems to make a noise when I use it and I know it's so petty but it bothers me. I also have had two duds before so they seem somewhat inconsistent. $5.99 at most retailers.

Pur Cosmetics Songe
3. Pur Cosmetics sponge
I got this off a recommendation from Kathleenlights and of the "meh's" this one is my favorite, but it seems the slightest bit smaller then my other sponges. Maybe I just have a large face lol but I do think it's a good sponge. $12 + free shipping at purcometics.com

Now onto ones I loveeeee.

Morphe Flawless Beauty Sponge
1. Morphe Flawless Blending Sponge. 
THIS IS MY FAV BB DUPE. I'm not sure what it is about this sponge but I love it. It's so soft and I don't feel like it sucks up product. It's $5.99 + shipping at Morphe. The material is so nice and it doesn't tear, I've already washed it 4 or 5 times already. Not to mention bc of it's large size literally you can apply foundation SO FAST! Can't say enough good things.
2. Morphe Premium Beauty Sponge
The only complaint I have about this one is the shape, it's so weird but if you can get past that I think this sponge is a winner. Tom me the texture is very similar to the beauty blender. $5.99 + shipping
3. Mini Sponges (pictured in the first picture) from Walmart: Swissper's
Though I've never used the BB micro mini sponges, I definitely feel like these little ones do the job. I really like the texture on them and at only $2.98, I think they're worth a grab.


4. Last but not least is this sponge from Maskcara Beauty
The texture and size are beyond comparable to that of the beauty blender and to be honest this would be my top pick had it not of been for two things....
- it tore kinda of easily and I'm not sure if it was me bc my nails are long right now or if it's the material but it has little small rips in it already from only 2 washes.
- it's only $12 BUT it costs $4 to ship (when I ordered it shipping was free for that weekend) but if I had to pay $4 to ship it I mine as well pay $4 more and get a beauty blender.
Besides that the sponge is pretty dern perfect.

Oh my goodness, that was a lot of information to read LOL but I do hope this was helpful. In summary I think if you ahd to grab one or two I say get the Morphe One for sure, and either the Pur or RT sponge. But learn from my sponge mission to be weary of the ones you get at Marshall's/TJ Maxx. lol







No comments:

Post a Comment