Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back To School Makeup Must Haves For Anyone On A Budget


This little blog post is in collaboration with my sweet friend over at http://whatsinmaggsmind.blogspot.com/ Be sure to check out her recommendations!

Lets start off with your base. So I'd first like to start out by saying when I was in highschool I literally wore powder, eyeshadow (purple at that) and eyeliner. If I had the chance to go back these would be some of the products I would use.

First get a lightweight foundation, or BB Cream, I like the maybelline dream velvet. If you're not digging the idea of foundation then do what I did and just use a powder to dust over your face. My fav drugstore powder is the dream velvet too lol clearly you see mine is busted. Also I never realized how important concealer is but if you lack sleep like I did you also might want to give the maybelline fit me a try. It's lightweight but still provides the coverage you need. I threw my dirty sponge in there bc tools are super important and you can literally grab that real techniques sponge anywhere now, use that for powder, foundation, and concealer.

L: Berry Amore R: Blossomtime Rose

Next I'd say grab you a blush. I believe you can substitute this with bronzer if you'd rather be more bronze but I personally love a little bit of blush. These are great quality just to pop on your cheeks to give them some life, they're both from milani. One is their baked blush and the other is from their rose blush line. You don't want your face to just be flat. (Sidenote: my fav bronzer is also from Milani if you would rather do bronzer.)

L-R: Wet N Wild Precious Petals, Essence Pure Nude, and Makeup Revolution Radiant

I wish so badly that I knew about highlight whenever I was in highschool. I would have been so glowed up LOL these to me though are THE BEST drugstore highlights in the game. All of these truly give you a glow but not in a tacky way. Just enough for school and to make you look like you really tried on your face.


LOL I wish y'all could have saw me at age 14-17 I swear I went through it. I wore this little maybelline quad that had purple shadows and this glitter shade that fell all over my face but I loved it. Don't be like me, lol do not do that. I'd truly suggest this all matte palette from sonia kashuk. Perfect everyday colors. I would also suggest getting some shadow sticks. I love these from Milani, they're super easy to pop on and blend out with your fingers and that's all you really need when you're getting ready. I unfortunately don't have any mascaras that are drugstore here with me (I'm currently not wearing mascara due to a lash dilemma), but one of my favs from the drugstore is the lash sensational from maybelline. I used that one for months! & as far as eyeliner goes tbh I think it can be too harsh and when you're still in school just try to embrace your youth. BUT if you just need it NYX has some really good liners, both pencil and liquid.


Lastly remember if you are using a foundation be sure to prime your face, I love this one from Black Radiance and it's only $3, skip the brow pencil and just get you a brow gel, this one from loreal has fibers and it's fab. Also some people go full on lipstick at school, I feel like that might be a bit much and too heavy so I suggest getting you a nice colored gloss! NYX Butter glosses will never fail you.





No comments:

Post a Comment